Friday, October 10, 2014

Reflection 3


When I looked back at the plans I had last week. I remembered telling myself how important was to make sure I had ample time to concentrate working on my first English class essay. I also needed to put time aside to complete all of my additional homework, such as studying my vocabulary words, reviewing chapter 4, and read the Pact, chapter 3 & 4 and complete two full pages of reading notes. After contemplating for a few days I decided why not use the same strategies I utilize in my workplace. I figured I do a good job in managing my time and completing difficult tasks with crazy deadlines all the time. I created a nice colorful to do list. I categorized each subject and prioritized tasks from difficult to easy. I was feeling motivated and so ready to tackle each assignment. I felt like I was on top of the world. As I was completing assignments I would cross it out with a huge black sharpie and say “whatwhat” meaning I was getting things done.  I was happy that I finally found a strategy that really helped me to stay focus. I never realized how my work habits can really help me to keep me organized in college too.
Here are some of the strategies I utilized to complete my English essay. Frist, I listed all my major key points, then, I used the free write method to help me express my thoughts more clearly. Next, I did the prewriting, drafting (during this process my peers gave me recommends as to how to improve my essay) revising, and finally my final copy. When I received my easy back was very pleased with grade. For the “Pact” reading notes strategies I utilized Ms. Bogan’s idea of ways to annotate and use the highlight method. This really has helped me to understand the story much better and to minimize my time. My teacher was really impressed with my notes.

Looking forward to the coming week. I will maintain my colorful to do list, but I also want to add a new strategy to help me remember my vocabulary words. I decided to write the vocabulary words using stick notes and sticking them to my make-up mirror. This way can review the words in the morning and at night.

3 comments:

  1. girl i understand you so much . when done with your homework kinda want to throw a little party. but in the long run its the best for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to having it set in my mind to "have" time to study. sometimes, i just want to take it easy, or even take a nap. My schedule has been totally controlling my life lately. Well, good luck to you this week; see you in class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your system is great. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete