Thursday, October 16, 2014

Reflection 4


Long-term Goal: get a B.A. degree

Mid-term Goal: open a Wine Bar

Short-Term goal: buy a new house

 Dear Susan,
    Hope everything is going well with you and the family. I wanted to share some of my goals that I finally I accomplish such as my long -term goal, mid-term goal, and my short term goal. Hopefully you enjoy them.
A long term of mine was to get my B.A. degree. Wow! I can finally say “I did it”. Getting my degree in English was the best decision I made as an adult.  As I look back at all of the obstacles I had to go through in order to make my dream come true. I would definitely do it again in a heartbeat. I remembered how difficulty it was to juggle work and college at the same. Some days I didn’t sleep at all. I sometimes felt like if I was zombie in my own little world. The stress of writing essays was so overwhelming that at one point I wanted to just quit, but I kept motivation myself and kept working harder to reach my goal. Some of the steps I took to pass my classes were a few strategies that my teacher Ms. Bogan taught me in my reading 96 class. I would create vocabulary cards to learn new words, annotate, annotate, annotate this method helped me so much when reviewing textbooks, and the SQ3R method this was my tool to use to study of exams.  During my college journey I met some of the most incredible teachers that inspired me to continue with my studies. I also had some amazing classmates that I can now call some of my closest friends. Overall I can say I had a wonderful college experience.
A mid-term goal of mine was to open a wine bar. Marring a wine aficionado was the best decision I made.  My Husband I are lovers of wine.  We just love to entertain our family and friends by hosting wine tasting parties each month. We create specialized menus starting with the appetizers, to the salad, and the main course to complement our wine choices for that evening.  One day we were having a glass of wine in the backyard and as I was sipping my wine a crazy thought came into my mind.  I had some plans and I always wanted to become an entrepreneur. I turned around and looked at my husband and said “it would be awesome if we opened a wine bar”.  He loved the idea. We had just moved to a new city, so first we checked out some potential locations and finally found a beautiful a little shop by the water in Orange County. I decided to take a 2 day wine course in the Nape Valley Wine Academy, so I can become a wine expert. We reached out to some small upcoming wines companies to see if they wanted to display their wine in our new wine bar. After several months the wine bar is open.

A short term goal for me is to finally buy a new home. After living in our current home for 10 years we decided it was time to move the family to a beach community. This was a difficult task for my husband and me.  The frivolous conversations we had with our previous agent were a waste of time. We knew exactly what we were looking for.  There were several steps such as getting our current home ready to sell.  The house need to be de-clutter, clean the carpet and flooring, paint the interior, make some minor kitchen improvements, needs to fix lighting outside. During that process we were house hunting too. I really love to cook, so I wanted a well-equipped kitchen, pool, and yard for my doggies so they can run around. Also, location, location. Close to the beach but not too far distance to work. I think we finally found a home we really love. Hopefully all goes well.

2 comments:

  1. Lulu I'm so proud of you about your house. So when you sign and moved in. We must have a bbq okay. Your wine bar sound great girl I will be there when you open. Your degree is great choice so keep it up okay don't sop. You can do whatever you want just put the effort into it. Good luck girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lulu I liked your whole story but I loved the wine part of it because I really like wine. When I was reading the story I was thinking to myself “I got to go to her wine bar one of these days” but then I realized and remembered that we needed to write about our goals that we want to accomplish that are not yet competed. Well that sucks I guess I just need to wait a bit longer for it to happen.

    ReplyDelete